Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Where Did I Go?

   I just noticed my last post was on Wednesday.  My gosh!  Things have been a little crazy.  I have to say that my husband has been saving us money left and right these past couple of weeks.  Summer hits and he becomes Mister Fix-It. 
  We had a post office box but it just got too expensive.  So for $45.00 worth of supplies we now have a mail box.  I realized that in the past 4 years we have spent over $500.00 just to have a little box that we only drive to every two weeks.  He did a really nice job setting up the new one. 
  On Friday night we realized the crawl space under the house had flooded.  I had planned a major shopping trip for that night but instead we gathered every towel in the house for a very dirt filled evening.  Water was everywhere.  Under us and dripping down over us.  Yuck!  A water pipe under the sink was leaking and again for $45.00 my husband had everything fixed.  Well after a mild geyser in the kitchen. 
  And now tonight he is outside fixing the reverse on his boat.  He just took apart an ironing board to use it as handle.  And two weeks ago he put lawnmower wheels on a heavy duty Little Tikes wagon I got at a yard sale for $5.00.  The wagons Little Tikes make are really nice except for the hallow plastic wheels.  But now it is suped-up with solid rubber wheels, but are still sporting the white rims.
  I have realized how lucky I am to have a husband that values saving money and giving new life to things we already have.  I couldn't imagine putting all the work I do into cutting costs if he spent frivolously.  It really is a team effort.  So tonight I salute my amazing husband...  the Jack of all Trades... the Master of None.  Ha ha, just kidding.  You amaze me with your ingenuity.    

No comments:

Post a Comment