Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Refilling Your Ink Cartridge

I had to cut down the quality by about 92%.  It is a little echoed (almost like a lisp) but you get the idea.  I'll try to work on that for the next video.  I think it has to do with standing right next to the microphone.  I'm learning.  :)

I wanted to post a video showing people how to refill their own ink cartiridges.  I'm a huge fan of it.  Printed coupons is the number one way I save money.  I realized very quickly that I had to make it cost effective.  As far as saving paper, I printed out coupons on the back of every old paper I could find, including information packets and medical bills (without personal information).  Now I wait for a sale at Fred Meyers and pair it with their $3 bonus savings coupon on office supplies that I normally get in their quarterly coupon packet for using my club card.  Last time I made $.20 when I bought 500 sheets of paper.

Saving on ink was a little daunting of a task but after shelling out money for yet another ink cartiridge I thought, "What do I have to lose?"  And ever since then I have been saving money on my saving money adventure.  It honestly isn't very hard at all.  Though as you can tell by my hands it got a little messy this time.  I highly encourage it though.  Have a little faith in yourself and give it a try!

The ink runs at about $12.00 for an 8 refill supply at Fred Meyers.  They run 10% off ink coupons in their flyer pretty frequently but sometimes they run even higher percentages off.  Though note it is in the electronics section, not office supplies where I personally think it makes the most sense.  Another bonus is that I actually get to use all the ink in my cartiridge.  I don't throw away ink just because it is low.  I wonder how much ink is really left in a low cartiridge.  Maybe I don't want to know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment